Contact Form

 

Our Practice – Rogelio Vincent V. Larong, RN

Hospitals nowadays are becoming more of a hotel thus coining the term hospitel (hospital and hotel) whereas improvements on the facilities and physical characteristics of the hospital as the one of the defining factors of a good hospital. Hospitals work more of a business than an institution that caters sick people to recover. Well, I cannot blame the management of the hospitals because economics and financial stability takes place. But the point is, the management forgot one of their assets and that is their nurse and other members of the hospital. With Dr. Ray’s Bureaucratic Theory, it is explained that these structures in caring must be equal and all are part of the whole system.


I've been working as an emergency room staff nurse for almost 5 years. I work in the Philippines for 3 years and I've experienced there that nurses are only a staff that can be easily replaceable. I remembered that I was sort of complaining of the added things that were designated to nurses because I believed that time that it was not a job of the nurses. My supervisor told me that if I don’t like how things work out here I am free to leave. It means to me that the management doesn't care if I leave or not because I am not valuable and can be replaced easily. After reading Dr. Ray’s theory, I realized that we, nurses, are also assets to the hospital and we contribute a lot in increasing the revenue of the hospital. Management must also take care of their nurses as they take good care of the other structures of the hospital.

Total comment

Author

Unknown

0   comments

Post a Comment

Cancel Reply