Contact Form

 

Our Practice - Erika B. Macairan


Dr. Ray’s theory has taught me that even though I had new roles to fulfill, my actions, words and decisions should always remain grounded in caring.  No matter what level, specialty, area, training or country we are in, caring should always be our first priority as nurses. It is necessary for nurses to forge good relationships with other departments of the hospital to be able to care for patients, staff and the unit. It takes a whole village to administer quality care and we should learn to utilize the resources that are given to us. The theory also made me think higher of my profession – to hold my own against other leaders because Nursing is a well-grounded profession with its own principles, skills and body of knowledge.Dr. Ray’s Theory of Bureaucratic Nursing has given me the opportunity to care for our patients even from afar by ensuring that the nurses that care for them are skilled, pleasant and well-rounded. I can guarantee that the unit will be able to perform the procedures needed by the patients anytime by ensuring adequate stocks and well-maintained equipment. Dr. Ray has taught me that although this is not the conventional nurse patient relationship, it is also a form of caring.

 –        Erika B. Macairan, RN

Total comment

Author

Unknown

0   comments

Post a Comment

Cancel Reply